Looking for senior SCCM Engineer to assist our client with creation and implementation of automated OS deployment using SCCM.
- Create packages, collections, and advertisements for distributions. Track penetration and analysis of distributions to meet Service Level Agreements.
- Troubleshoot and correct SCCM client and distribution point errors.
- Run daily diagnostic reports and perform maintenance on physical and virtual Windows 2003 servers, Windows 2008 servers, ESX hosts as well as monitor disk space and usage on the SAN and expanding data stores as needed.
- Perform daily duties in Active Directory, MS Exchange, and Citrix in regards to user accounts, email and application management.
- Build VMs as needed based on 3rd party requirements. Manage and delete VMs as needed as part of standard maintenance.
- Administer and maintain Microsoft Forefront Endpoint Protection solution in SCCM.
- Create and maintain Active Directory groups to target specific user communities for applications.
- Assist with administering active user accounts, managing computer containers and groups, along with local workstation Group Policy Objects (GPO) in Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange.
- Assist with new server build outs according to company specifications and guidelines.
- Maintain and upgrade system inventory software and software updates on 400+ servers in the global inventory network.
- Manage software distribution projects including Microsoft Security upgrades and standard desktop software on global basis. Prioritize and coordinate security patch and software testing schedules and distributions.
- Create custom asset inventory reports and dashboards for use in planning corporate hardware and software requirements. Customize data collection for corporate license audits.
- Work with corporate security to identify and remediate areas of workstation risks.
- Provide 3rd level support for the SCCM infrastructure and standard desktop software.
- Meet with internal clients to assess needs, identify key challenges, and define project scope and deliverables for software application deliveries.
- Evaluate new software for compatibility with existing standards and inclusion with new desktop images.
- Investigate and solve issues with Configuration Manager Client on both servers and desktops.
- 5 – 7 years SCCM experience
- 5 – 7 years of experience in Application Packaging
- 5 – 7 years Operation System Deployment utilizing SCCM
- 5 – 7 years of experience in Creating SCCM packages for deployment
- 5 – 7 years SQL/WQL
- 5 – 7 years Active Directory experience
- 3 years Citrix
- 5 years VMWare
- 5 years Microsoft Exchange
Strong oral and written communication skills along with problem resolution skills is highly desirable. Must be able to work independently with minimum supervision.
|Location: San Antonio, Texas|
|Hours: 40 hours/week|
|Duration: Long term|